If you are blogger or work involve commerce and marketing, you must have heard about SEO. It is really important for your site to have good SEO. And that is the reason the WordPress plugins YoastSEO was born. This plugin is by far the most complete SEO solution that is available for WordPress. Yoast SEO (as well as SEO by Yoast) is definitely one of the best WordPress SEO plugins available today. It is proven by the fact that it has been downloaded over 4.5 million times! Yoast SEO offers a wide variety of features that makes it an all-in-one SEO plugin.
1. Create XML Sitemap
XML sitemaps are one of the main ways to of help Google understand the structure of your website so it’s important to have a sitemap in place.
After being installed, Yoast SEO auto creat a XML sitemap and update it constantly whenever you add a new content. It’s also easy to change and set up XML by access SEO> XML sitemaps in WordPress admin dashboard. Yoast SEO generates a sitemap yourself thanks to its inbuilt XML sitemap functionality. This means that all you need to do is enable the feature and Yoast takes care of the rest. The tweaks are quick to make allowing you to alter the number of entries per page, the post types you want included, exclude specific posts and alter the taxonomies included in your sitemap.
Moreover, Yoast SEO also send XML Sitemaps to Google or others web searches automatically. This is called “ping”, it will auto send updated sitemaps to Google and Bing. New content is add to search engine and old content was updated by index also be kept when you changed it. Beside options of XML site map, you can send ping to Yahoo and Ask.com whenever you upload a new content.
2. Social Integration
Bearing in mind the growth and perceive importance of social media in our everyday lives it’s important to make sure that your content is just as accessible on various social media channels. The Yoast SEO comes equipped with Facebook OpenGraph implementation to link SEO and social media when you shared post. Open Graph, also referred to as The Open Graph Protocol, allows you to integrate a web page onto a social media channel which instantly connects with your followers. Optimising the Open Graph meta data is an important feature because it’s essential that you that the shared preview on social channels looks enticing to viewers, helping you to get those all-important clicks. While the screenshot below shows the Facebook page, you can also set this up for Twitter and Pinterest. Yoast also gives you the ability to link in your Google+ account.
3. Snippet Editor
The most useful tool that sets Yoast apart from its competitors is the easy to use snippet editor function. This handy little snippet is great for giving you a preview of how your page looks in the Google search page results and it allows you to make quick edits to those all-important metadata fields. When altering your page title and page description the Yoast plugin makes it easy to keep an eye on whether they are too long or too short.
Another excellent perk within the snippet editor is the ability to modify and optimise your slug: the slug part of a URL is anything that comes after your domain name. Including keywords in your URLs helps to give your rankings that extra little boost and, more importantly, entices potential users.
For searchers this is eye-catching and is likely to encourage them to check the slug to see how relevant it is. Short, relevant and easily readable slugs are the key here to help entice searchers into clicking.
4. Advance options
- Check focus keywords: It’s very easy and convenient for you to check your content is suitable for your keywords or not. Moreover, it also reminded you about altering page/post urls/slugs as well as other problems on your SEO.
- Page Analysis: This feature checks minute things such as length of the posts, a presence of a meta description and the focused keyword etc.
- Meta and link elements: You’d have the power to determine the pages shown by Google in its search results. While WordPress only exhibits canonical link elements on a page, Yoast SEO makes it available everywhere.
- ‘Hide’ Specific Posts/Pages From Search Engines: You can easily choose to hide any post or page from inside the WYSIWYG editor of said post or page.
- Create Custom Meta Header/Description: With Yoast’s plugin, you simply write two headlines, one for people, and one for search engines. You should also add a custom meta description for your content as well.
- Multi-site compatibility: Unlike some other plugins, Yoast SEO is multisite compatible.
- Automatically Remove Stop Words From Slugs: It will automatically removed stop words in a specific slug for every post
- Breadcrumbs: This unique feature empowers you to develop easy navigation for both search engines and users.
See more about: Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Business Websites